March 2, 2014

SOLD - Saffron Toucanet - Original Palette Knife Bird Painting

This little bird was yet another challenge in the group Paint Colorful Birds for Fun, on Facebook. What a lovely bird with such bright colors. I prefer to do them with the palette knife. 

This painting is also my entry to the Premix Color challenge on DPW. So I mixed all the colors beforehand and my palette was fully ready before even touching the canvas. It is completely opposite to how I normally work, I mix colors as I go. This was a great learning, different experience and saved so much time in the painting process itself!

Saffron Toucanet
Oil on Board, 6 by 6 inches
SOLD
Here's an image of my palette before starting painting. This is the neatest my palette has been, ever! 


One thing the premixing process ensures is that we think well beforehand about the values and colors, and don't discover midway that they are way off. I might give it a shot again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!