January 1, 2014

Kick off - Happy New Year!

Firstly, wish you all a very happy new year 2014. Hope the new year brings in a lot of happiness, good health and peace to you.
I have been away from the easel for way too long, almost 2 years. We had our second baby in Nov 2012, and I was enjoying my time with the little one during my maternity break that I did not get to paint at all. Not even sketch, zilch. Just when she started with her daycare and I was bracing myself to resume, life took a nasty turn. I lost my mom four months ago, and that has kept me away from everything. Gone too young, too sudden, before even we could grapple with what was happening. I kind of lost interest in everything, including art. However, I am glad that 2013 is over and think that I am now in the frame of mind to start painting again.
I am now picking up my brushes and knives after an eternity, feeling very rusty, enjoying myself nevertheless. I am now turning to art to help me cope with grief, and to give me the strength to move on. I signed up for Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge, just to give myself that motivation. When I finished this painting today and signed it, the high that I got was unimaginable. Made me realise what exactly was missing in life all these days.:-) I hope I get to finish 30 paintings this month and that gives me the push to paint more through the year.
Kick off
Oil on Board, 5 by 7 inches

My website is a work in progress too, as I could not spend time on it. I am looking to fix things in the coming days. Stay tuned.
Wish you a blessed new year once again! Happy painting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!