January 30, 2014

A better view - Original Oil Painting of Children

This reference has been sitting in my library for ages, nearly 3 years. Somehow everytime I wanted to get to it, it felt too complex, not right for the size of canvas at hand and so on. I wanted to include the child and an adult in the composition and my smaller canvasses were probably too small. As crazy as that sounds, till today, it never occurred to me even once that I could omit the adult altogether.:-) 

When I was in the middle of another painting yesterday and very frustrated by how it was turning out, this little girl popped out and just pushed me to paint her. Started this yesterday and could complete it today, and I am reasonably happy with the outcome. I hope you are too! Thanks for looking.

A better view
Oil on board, 5 by 7 inches
Click here to bid
So that marks the end of the 30 in 30 challenge. I have not completed 30, not even half of it. But it has been awesome. I shall write a detailed review tomorrow about my experience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like it, share it!